Sunday, June 22, 2014

Delightful Designs

Hello, anybody out there?  Wow, it's been a long time between posts but I just haven't felt the desire till now.
Check out these sculptures by French artist Gilbert Legrand as he lets his active imagination soar by painting small details onto these everyday objects to help us see them the way he does. With the addition of a face and maybe some arms and legs, a paintbrush can become a mangled fox, a hinge can become a shady salesman, and a juicer becomes a woman emerging from a pool.

I find these incredibly inspiring and they remind me of a game my sister and I would play where one of us would draw a scribble and it was up to the other to make something from it.

Somewhere I blogged about seeing things, (it may be called Seeing Things), in the woodwork of a door or pattern in a tabletop.  This is a great extension of that idea and I plan to use it if I'm stumped for character designs.  
















No comments: