Friday, July 27, 2007

Chuck Jones Documentary

I haven’t watched all eight parts yet but this looks like a good documentary on Chuck Jones posted on YouTube. The whole thing can be found here with a little digging: http://uk.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=KindOfMonty&p=r

I love Jones as a director but I’ve often wondered if he would have been as successful without Michael Maltese as his writer? I look at all the best loved and academy winning cartoons Jones did and they all were written by Maltese. I think it’s kind of like The Beatles. They were all talents individually but together they made history. Too bad you never hear much mention of Michael.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awsome stuff Joel!!
Todd Ammons

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Hey Todd, Great to hear from you. Thanks for looking but YOU are awesome! One of the best animators I've had the pleasure of meeting. Hope we get to work together again some day.