Monday, April 21, 2008

Robin Ator

I don't know who posted this piece on my friend Robin Ator but it is a pretty impressive interview and shows a little taste of what Robin can do. I wish his philosophy on drawing were true because I struggle. But a key to Robins' amazing talent may be that he has a photographic memory,( he kind of alludes to that). Winsor MaCay had a photographic memory and his work is brilliant and so is Robins'. It would be worth your while to Google Robin and also check out his Flickr pages.

I think my presumptions of Robin having eidetic memory are too dismissive of his mastery of art and should emphasize his daily and almost every minute of time spent drawing. It’s a discipline I need to develop.

3 comments:

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Hey Luke, I tried your link and it looks like a commercial for vitamins. I didn't find any good tips other than buy vitamins so I'm thinking you have some connection to these guys. I also think you are not an artist and that there are more practical ways of developing your memory and drawing skills. Sorry, you'll have to provide more useful information on how to improve your drawing ability.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joel,

I had seen Robin's name in a bunch of credits for stopmotion films and specials, but never knew who he was. Thanks for posting the video!

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Robin is a very humble guy too.