Monday, January 01, 2007

2007


Here it is: 2007. I’m proud to have friends who are incredible draftsmen. They are truly gifted in drawing, painting, and sculpture and amazingly prolific. One thing I’ve noticed about these guys is they draw all the time, not only professionally but in their off hours too. I’ve made a resolution to draw everyday. I did some life drawings the other day and was appalled at how much ground I lost. It’s not like riding a bike or other things you can jump back into. You need to practice, practice, and practice. It’s easier for single people who have more personal time, but that is no excuse and I’ve got to devote time for this. These very rough drawings were done on my Wacom tablet. It’s a bit like Etch-a-Sketch for me right now but I hope to get better at it. Click on image to enlarge

No comments: