Thursday, August 10, 2023

Hoggle from the Labyrinth

 Well, it's been a long time since I've posted anything.  I forgot all about this blog.  So, here's a 4" Xmas ornament sculptured in Sculpey and painted in oils of Hoggle the goblin from Jim Henson's movie "The Labyrinth".  There are a zillion, (yes, one zillion, I counted), pipes, keys and pouches on his utility belt.  I crossed his arms to cover many of them so I didn't have to sculpt them, but I noticed he has a severed hand instead of a rabbits foot, and it is making the devil horns sign.  What was Jim telling us?  His vest has a face on the back too, and I suppose it symbolizes that he is two-faced.  He does betray the girl Shara a few times.  Anyway, this is for my daughter Jenah.  She has an obsession with the Goblin King...
 






No comments: