Thursday, September 03, 2020

Another View Master Artist

 

I never know who or when someone is looking at this blog, I don’t tend it every day or give it much attention, but it’s been a great way of learning things!

Just recently, a comment on one of my View Master posts led to the discovery of a new artist who worked on translating my favorite cartoon characters into 3d sculptures for the View Master reels. 

Meet Martha Armstrong Hand who, I can only conclude, worked around the same time as the already mentioned Florence Thomas and Joe Liptak.  There seems to be some confusion between Martha and Florence on who is who when it come to the photos, and I am thinking some got miss labeled as Florence when they should have been Martha.  Regardless, we have more information on Martha, and learn which View Masters she actually worked on plus learning of  her career as a doll designer for Mattel Toys!

Read more about Martha Armstrong Hand here: https://www.niada.org/portfolio/martha-armstrong-hand/

 

Special thanks to Lori for sending this article!

 

 


                                                               Martha Armstrong Hand


No comments: