Friday, January 09, 2015
Well, now, back to my picture. I tried a quicker version using a translucent water color and doing a red, yellow and blue wash just to see how it might work. I did the kangaroos and laid in the background but never felt inclined to finish it for some reason. Anyway, having rediscovered this picture, I kind of like the dreamlike quality to it now, so I'll frame it and hang it on my wall.
I tried two other water-colors using this technique and they have appeared elsewhere on this blog, but here they are again. I'm not sure if it's more effective than mixing colors using water-color, but I think it may be cool to try in oils, like Parrish, and using the varnished layers. Maybe one day I will finally try it.