Sunday, August 05, 2007

Virtual Model



I can't get out for life drawing classes so I'm trying something different. I've had this book for awhile and never used it till now. It's "Virtual Pose #3" and consists of a book with numbered photos and a corresponding CD with QuickTime movies of the model that you can rotate 360 degrees and zoom in and out. I find there is a foreshortening that I need to overcome and sometimes I get disoriented zooming in and out. I'm drawing in Photoshop on my Wacom Tablet and it's difficult to make nice swooping lines like you can by rotating paper. These sketches are kind of scratchy but I suppose they could be cleaned up on another layer.

Digital sketches by Joel

2 comments:

jriggity said...

cool dood!

I gota give this a whirl....I too have had serious lack time lately..

jriggity

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Thanks dude. Give it a try and tell me what ya think.